The demo can be downloaded here.
** This is the largest update yet! A new game is certainly required **
Sim Hero Bug Fixes / Additions
- Added the last of the Tier 1 Work Sites: The butchery. Harvest hides, turn them into leather and craft leather/bone equipment.
- The core stat "LUK" has been changed to "WIL" (willpower) and now factors into the chance to "hit" with a magical attack type skill, and the target's chance to resist the magic. (before, the calc was 100% - MagicEvade of the target). So, this stat is important for magic-users (imposing their WIL on a target) and for all heroes (avoiding an enemy magic-user imposing their WIL)! Beneficial magical effects still auto-hit friendlies.
- Rebalance of all classes core statistics & growth
- Made the 1st dungeon easier (and the next 1st level dungeon is easier as well). This should A) help new players to complete it faster and B) make early party wipes non-existent (or 99% non-existent).
- On that note, the healer in the beginning of the game will NOT raise dead heroes any longer. This was only a temporary "fix" while dungeon balancing for the beginning of the game was sorted-out. It's sorted out now. Enjoy the afterlife!
- Toned down those first bandits too.
- Added "States" to the "Status" menu option. This will describe each state the hero is under.
- Expanded the "Status" screen to show all Elemental damage bonuses & resistances for the hero! (screenshot above)
- Dead heroes will now become a coffin in the onscreen "congo line". Fun! :)
- Added some Events which call for Polished Wood.
- Added items to the Alliance shops (Dwarves, Wood Elves, Plains Orcs).
- Added the "Scholar" basic class. They work much like Herbalists, but they use "Scrolls" (which they can also make mid-combat if they run out).
- Fixed adventuring with an all-dead party and still getting an item. You can no longer adventure with an all-dead/wiped party.
- Added cooldowns to most non-direct-damaging spells. This was always planned as the AI still isn't at a place where it's smart enough to not spam those skills. The cooldown # of turns can be seen in the skill window. Some skills may also require a "Warmup" time before they can be used... to-be-added.
- Balanced Beast Tamer classes (now that they aren't endlessly summoning their companion, they needed to be nerfed a tad).
- Processing Ore & Wood into refined products fixed.
- Many background math-type fixes, including hit calcs.
- Borric fixed to properly have the Lycan state now.
- Fixed all "passive" bonus type abilities. They weren't applying correctly.
- Some item fixes.
- Disabling / enabling mouse doesn't "survive" past game shutdown.
- In both the Pub tent and Inn, you must use the ENTER key to talk to Sam or Delaney. (the mouse won't work over the counter)
- the logic to handle game over isn't in yet.