More than halfway there!
As promised, we had a ton of the content ready to go, and we're quite far along today with the release of v0.2.2 (patch notes are in the Community Forum).
In the current build, you can:
- Adventure in dungeons (Sim Hero style, of course!)
- Recruit & Customize your heroes with primary/sub classes, hundreds of skills, choose from thousands of pieces of loot, train them to gain special abilities, and watch them progress/regress as they adventure... the level of Hero customization is mind-boggling, and some of it happens organically as the Heroes train & adventure)
- Assign a hero to be your Guard Captain to help fight battles alongside your Army. Assign another hero as your Champion to deal with a CRISIS or perhaps investigate a POINT OF INTEREST.
- Explore the land with MAPS (unlock new zones to conquer, explore & adventure in)
- Manage your Villagers by setting them to tasks (chopping wood, mining tin, smelting bronze, farming for food, guarding the settlement, burning wood for charcoal, entertaining the populace, performing diplomacy w/neighbors, hosting feasts, scouting the land, scribing books, tending livestock, butchering that livestock and much MUCH more)
- Expand your settlement by building & upgrading a myriad of structures. Watch it all grow from meager tents into soaring battlements & fine establishments.
- Craft gear & trade goods. Focus your crafting into several specialized disciplines.
- Encounter, Squabble & Trade with neighbors (so much more to come on diplomacy that we never could have done with the old design)
- Make choices and deal with over 50 different events (and counting!), including several UNIQUE events which are super-rare, can only happen once and offer drastic choices to be made.
- Try to survive as long as possible!
Some things you can expect as we develop the next 4 zones of content:
- More, more and MORE classes including knights, mages & elementalist classes who can have a summoned elemental "pet" ala Beast Tamers and their animal companion. The goal is to allow free-form hero building so you can pull-off that awesome combo you always dreamed about (for example: You can build an Undead WightMage who causes Fear through her claws & spells, and "feeds" on that fear -if an enemy is feared- and has several attacks which chain into mass crippling against Feared foes... /satisifiedgroan)
- More, more and even MORE loot
- More events (yeah, we promised ONE more event type on the Kickstarter Stretch Goals... I think we've added 40+ beyond the planned events... Geek Fever Games is all about overachieving!)
- More dungeons, bringing back the dungeons in the previous design - can you defeat the Chimera? (content designed to take the heroes up to level 20)
- More villager types, mines & crafting materials (such as Brass, Iron, Steel)
- More UNIQUE choices to take your settlement down a certain path (next one could involve a Mages' Guild, Temple or Alchemist Lab)
- Recruitable Fey back in the game
- Kickstarter contributor content re-introduced into the game!
- Some interface cleanup & enhancements
- Kid-Gloves come off (get ready for multiple crises hitting at once - do you have what it takes to adeptly manage your kingdom in the face of it all?)
- Bug Fixes & Balance Changes
... and so much more!
We'd love to hear from you!
Post screenshots of your settlement and/or party in the Community forum. Have you discovered an obscure class combo that absolutely rocks? Let's see some stats & combat log brags!